I just couldn’t resist this fabric. I fell for its…
Serve on sliced crusty rolls with a green salad or as a tasty sauce with tagliatelle. I use a favourite (and award-winning!) Cornish blue which is creamy and mild. If you usually shy away from blue cheese, I think this one is well worth trying as it’s not as strong as most others – but be aware that you could become quickly
converted addicted and find yourself using this sauce in a variety of dishes, though mine remains on crusty, toasted bread with a nice glug of red wine to wash it down… That’ll do nicely, thank you.
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 100ml double cream
- 75g steak, thinly cut
- 5-6 medium sized closed-cup mushrooms
- 50g Cornish Blue cheese
- Lots of freshly-ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Crusty rolls, very thickly sliced
- Toast your sliced rolls on both sides
- Fry the onion over a low heat in a little oil for a few minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for a few more minutes. Add black pepper to taste – we like lots!
- Add the steak and crumble in the cheese. The steak should be left long enough just to cook – a minute or two, depending on how thinly you have cut it – but not too long otherwise it will become tough.
- Stir in the cream and heat but do not boil. Serve immediately!
Seeded rolls add a nice crunch to this dish.
This delicious Steak with Mushrooms & Cornish Blue Sauce serves 1 as a greedy main meal or serves 2 if you’re going to follow it with a pudding.
Gluten Free: Use gluten free bread and check that your cheese is gluten-free too – then enjoy!
My photo really doesn’t do this dish justice, so I recommend you try this quick and easy recipe tonight!!!